Search This Blog

Hovertrx

Add URL

Translate

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

What An Entrepreneur Can Learn from Google?

Google is one of the most popular search engines, which start at the end of the last decade in the last century. However, after a short time they became the number one in the industry. As a young company in an entrepreneurial spirit Google wins the war with previously giants in the world of search engines such as Yahoo, AltaVista, Lycos, Inktomi, Excite, AOL Search, AllTheWeb  many more.

What Makes Google So Special?



When I first bought my PC in 1998 the seller normally installed my operating system and supporting programs and set my internet connection (in that time dial-up of  course). In the initial setup in the Internet Explorer, they put Yahoo as my starting page. And normally they give me a short training about what is a search engine, how can I type keyword  in the search field and click search button that will give me a list of the websites that are closest to the searched keyword.
I remember that at that time when I search for information on the internetsometimes I need to open the 50th page of the search results to find what I want. Sometimes the first web page on Yahoo’s results didn’t have nothing with the keyword that I was searched. Another thing that makes me anger is the homepage of Yahoo, which was overfull with images and banners so my slow internet connectionmore slowly opened it. I do not remember how, but I try another new search engine, which later changed the look and feel of use of the Internet – Google. Since then I forget to use Yahoo as a tool of the Internet to find information. What I, and certainly millions of consumers of internet information around the world make to leave Yahoo.
  • Simple design. Unlike other search engines Google’s home page had only the search form, Search button and their logo, nothing more. My slow internet, open much faster in comparison to other search engines. So, entrepreneurs should consider the design of their own product or service in terms of users.
  • More precise results. When I search for something, instead of going to the 50th page to find the necessary information, I could find information between first 5 pages of results. This means that Google gave much better results. The second thing that an entrepreneur can learn from Google is functionality of their product for me as a consumer.
  • Readable results. Results received from Google can be easily understanding and reading. So, I can quickly know if some web page has the information that I’ve been searched.
  • Continuous innovations. Google constantly introduces new functionality to their search engine. They introduced image search, news search, blog search… All this constantly improve my experience in relation to the needed information from theInternet.
  • Constantly improving the relevance of the results. Google is a company that constantly learns and improves their own search engine algorithm. With this I receive more and more precise results about information that I want to receive or find on theinternet.

What is the Lessons for Entrepreneurs?

There are many companies that evolved from nothing and become a real entrepreneurial success. Here are the most important lessons that each entrepreneur and potential entrepreneur must implement in their own business:
  • Though you’re a new player in the industry, if you really want to win you will win. Everyone has a chance to try to win, but only the small part of that individuals succeeds as an entrepreneur. Don’t give up after the first battle, but continue with a war to become something that you want to become.
  • Always think with  the eyes of current and potential customers. Think about design, quality and functionality of your product or service with the eyes of consumers of these products or services. Let it be simple, with high-quality and functional.
  • Find a problem that potential customers have and solve it with your product or service. The problem that Google has identified in his start-up level is the accuracy of search results and too many banners and ads that slow opening. All solutions for that problems are included in the design of the product and in their search algorithm.
  • Always improve. You should not spend a single day without at least once to consider how to improve your business or your product or service.
The philosophy which leads Google to be that what is it now is the relevance: Give the people what they want as soon as possible.
If you have another lesson from the field of entrepreneurship that we can learn from Google, feel free to share your story by leaving a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with LinkShrink and receive cash for every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete

Followers